Time to wrap up my favorite things from November!
- New York I have gone to New York City for the past two years now and each visit has (weirdly) been in November (read about last year’s trip here). New York is such a great city to spend a week in and has a few of my favorite things: amazing food, culture, and ease of transportation. There really is nothing like Central Park in the Fall.
- Working Again After taking a year off, I must say, I am pretty happy to be working again. I got a job in the Lundquist College of Business at the University of Oregon as a Career Educator. In this role, I advise MBA, MAcc, and undergraduate business students with resume review, cover letter revisions, and general job search inquiries. The reason I am posting about this now instead of in August (when I first started) is because I just got my first paycheck this month! Pictured above is me with my first ever paycheck back when I was 14 and working for the City of Burbank as a Locker Room Attendant.
- Fresh Biscuits It is no secret that I love to eat and this month I have really been into biscuits! Although it isn’t a traditional holiday favorite, there is something so comforting about a piping hot biscuit and fresh marionberry (an Oregon staple) jam. What is pictured is from HunnyMilk, but I have also indulged in biscuits at Bread & Honey Cafe and Bushel & Peck Bakeshop.
- Karaoke – If it is a Thursday night and someone in our MBA program had a birthday that week, you can pretty much bet that there will be a group of MBA students belting it out until the wee hours at The Barn Light. Karaoke is a big deal within my MBA group and, I must admit, I had never done it before! Well, wanting to challenge myself, I gave it a try. I really don’t like having all eyes on me and am prone to turning beet red, but I am proud to say that I did it and it was fun! Of course, I haven’t worked up the courage to do it solo yet, but that might come with time.
- Taking a Trip Down Memory Lane One of the best things about traveling is that you get to make these amazing memories and then go back and relive them. Well, I finally got to do just that and go back to the place of my first date with Riley. He took me to one of his favorite restaurants called Kachka. We first came here in March and we had the best Moscow Mules and delicious pelmeni. It was a blast coming back in and observing another couple at ‘our’ table. It looked like they were having a great time so we were glad to see our good juju was still in effect.
I have to say, this November has been one of my favorite months! It is likely because I was able to finally travel again, but I think a big part of it was being able to really experience the seasons changing in Oregon, something that I didn’t get much of down in Los Angeles!
What are you favorite things from November? Let us know below.