What I’ve loved this month!
- DressesI never have been a dress person, but with it being so hot in LA this summer, I put my slacks aside and picked up some professional ones from Calvin Klein for work. Surprise: they are so easy and comfortable! Why haven’t I been doing this my whole life? I wanted to extend this to my non-work life and purchased a two summer dresses from Marshalls and TJ Maxx, including this green dress for $20!
- That Girl – September means the start of my final year of business school! Because school gets so hectic, I need to be really strategic with the types of shows I watch. I opt for light, airy, easy shows that I can have on while I cook dinner and eat, but won’t leave me obsessing over a cliff hanger. New Girl, Don’t Trust The B**** in Apartment 23, and Chef’s Table have been great. I recently discovered That Girl thanks to a family friend and have been loving it! In Marlo Thomas fashion, my mom and I have taken to running around on our tippy toes everywhere. Give this adorable 1960s sitcom a watch on Amazon Prime.
- Family Time Although I was gone for most of the month, September did offer me some final days of living at home in LA. I love my family so much and am so grateful for the last three months we had together! But now it is time to get back to Oregon.
- Mobile Passport After spending three weeks traveling Asia and then 20+ hours flying home, I was extremely ready to pass out in my bed. But there was one thing standing in my way once I landed in LAX: Customs. Enter Mobile Passport. I pulled up this free app on my phone and I was through customs in 15 minutes. I kid you not! Have this downloaded and ready to go before your next trip to the US.
- Solo Travel This month I went on my first international solo travel trip. I went to Bali and Singapore and absolutely loved every minute of it. If you have never ventured out solo, I would highly recommend it. I will be posting about each of the cities I went to in individual posts over the next few months. Tune back each Wednesday or subscribe to the right!
I hope you enjoy this taste of what has been bringing me joy this past month!
What are your September favorites? Let us know below.