Cheers to the weekend!
Although this is being published on a Wednesday, the weekend is right around the corner and it is time to get pumped.
Here are a few ways to spend a Saturday:
- Explore – One of my favorite ways to spend a Saturday is out exploring. Finding a new hiking trail (Oregon has tons), discovering a new restaurant, or just going on a new walk around the block can definitely spark happiness, creativity, and appreciation.
- Decompress – If you have been beat with work, there is no time like the weekend to relax. Take a day to decompress by turning your phone off (if only for just an hour) and do some of the things you love. Paint, write, binge watch, or bake your way to happiness.
- Tackle Your To-Do List – The weekend is the perfect time to get caught up or get ahead. Plan your week, stock your fridge, meal prep, and hit the dry cleaners. Essentially, complete all of the things you don’t want to do after a full work shift on Tuesday.
- Purge or Reorganize– If you are anything like me, organizing my space is an hour well spent. It keeps the things in my closet fresh in my mind and makes me appreciate all of my belongings. Use your Saturday to clean out a junk drawer, toss old liquor, or donate books you won’t reread.
- Reconnect – Make plans in advance and see your friends and family. Go for coffee, a walk, a day trip, or dinner and spend some quality time with your loved ones.
- Volunteer– Spend just one day out of your week giving back. Find a cause you believe in and see how you can get involved. It is proven to make you feel happy, healthy, and grateful. If you are looking for a cause to back, support mine! The Michael J. Fox Foundation and the National Parkinson’s Foundation supports Parkinson’s Disease research.
So this weekend, fill your time with one, two, or all of these ideas! I know I am going to 1, 3, and 4.
How do you like to spend your weekend? Let us know below.
2 thoughts on “A Saturday Well Spent”
“Toss old liquor”??!! Nah, use it! 😄
LikeLiked by 1 person
That’s the spirit (literally!) Thanks for reading and commenting!