I travel a lot, so I like to think I have started to master my on-the-road skin care. Here are my top 5 tips:
- Facial Mists – traveling a new climate can make even the most balanced of skin go wanky. A facial mist is a great way to keep your skin hydrated and fresh in any climate. I love this one from Mario Badescu. It is lightweight on my skin and has a great fragrance from the rosewater. It is also very affordable at only $7. Caudalie also makes a great facial mist as well, and you can purchase a travel size at Sephora for $18.
- Facial Masks – this is a great way to pamper yourself a little while on the road. Stop off at Aesop and get a sample mask like I have here. You can also go to Sephora and ask them to make you a sample. The great thing about this is that you can taylor it to your skin, whether you need some hydration, are trying to combat redness, or just want to clear out your pores.
- In-flight mask – The recycled air on planes is notorious for drying out your skin. Combat it with an in-flight mask. I love the Rodial Dragon’s Blood mask, and not just for its cool name. This product is filled with hyaluronic acid, so it does a great job of retaining any moisture. As a plus, it is clear, so you don’t have to worry about looking like the Lockness Monster while sitting aisle side.
- Give your skin a break – go easy on the foundation while traveling. I know you are going to be taking a lot of pictures, but maybe skip foundation and opt instead for concealer. You will be hanging with a bunch of strangers, so who are you trying to impress anyways?
- Drink lots of water – it is a no brainer, yet it still needs to be said. If you are going to be walking around exploring a new city, taking on a new adventure, or just lying on the beach all day, you are going to need to stay hydrated. Your skin, and body, will thank you. A water bottle like this one from Platypus is great because it takes up almost no space when empty and is reusable.
Well, there are my top 5 tips and tricks to keeping my skin hydrated and clear while traveling. It is so important to look and feel good while traveling to make the most of your trip! There is nothing worse than being self-conscious of dry skin or a spot and letting it stop you from making the most of your trip. Nail down your skin care and take the world by storm, one trip at a time!
What are you travel skin care tips? Let me know below.