Let the games begin.
It is that time of the year again – where I post (for the third time!) my New Year’s Resolutions. Let’s dive right in.
- Live Abroad – In case you haven’t heard it from me before, I am officially telling you now: I want to live abroad. I have only ever lived in the US (California and Oregon, specifically) and I desperately want to try my hand at integrating into a new culture. My goal here is to live abroad for at least three months, but I would ideally like to live in another country for at least two years. The top countries on my list: Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Amsterdam, England, Spain, Ireland.
- Unsupported Headstand – I’ve been practicing my headstand for half a year, but I want to get to the point where I can go fully inverted without wall support. I currently have only been able to get completely vertical without wall support a handful of times. By the end of 2018, I want to do so every time.
- Generate Less Waste – I’ve been practicing a more minimalistic lifestyle for years now, but I still generate tons of waste. This year, I want to take steps to make less. A few things I want to start making homemade instead of purchasing (goodbye plastic packaging): bread, dressing, kombucha, and nut milks. I also want to buy in bulk (grains oats, nuts), DIY recipes for my body care (toothpaste, lotions), and purchase clothing consciously.
- Sub-2 Hour Half Marathon – I’ll be running my second half marathon in April and I want to hit under two hours. I’ll have to train hard, but I know I can do it. Mind over matter with this goal.
- Give Something Up – Every month I want to give one thing up. These might be giving up staying up past midnight, using aerosol hair products, or eating pork. For January, I am giving up dairy ice cream. I believe a little separation can make you realize that you were using something out of habit (do you really need to use a Qtip each morning, or can you go every other?) and can make you really value something you didn’t know you missed until it was gone (like a hot shower after traveling abroad).
I have a good feeling about these resolutions and I will be sure to check in with you all about my progress with them! And if you are still unsure of our New Year’s Resolutions, here is a quote that might jumpstart your brainstorming:
“Rules for happiness: something to do, someone to love, something to hope for.” – Immanuel Kant
What are your 2018 New Year’s Resolutions? Let us know below.
3 thoughts on “New Year’s Resolutions 2018”
Pingback: January Favorites 2018 – From Brown Eyes
Pingback: Stay Focused – From Brown Eyes
Pingback: Taking a Dip in the OCEAN – From Brown Eyes