Five ways to trim the holiday fat.
The rich foods, family obligations, and being “on” constantly (so many life updates to give at those see-you-once-a-year holiday parties), may have left you feeling a little heavier in 2018 than in 2017.
Here are five ways to trim the holiday fat:
- Unsubscribe – Black Friday! Christmas! Boxing Day! You’ve been getting sale notifications up the a$$. Put a stop to being inundated by retailers and take five seconds per email and press unsubscribe, or use my favorite tool Unroll.me. Plus, we don’t need more reasons to spend after the holidays – we are already broke.
- Exercise – OK, not original here, but your body will thank you. Get outside and get moving! Bonus points if you start a new exercise regime like Zumba or boxing. I personally have been rock climbing since the new year.
- Unfollow – If you are anything like me, you looked at the number of people you follow on Instagram and said, “damn, there is no way I know over 500 people well enough to keep up with their daily lives.” I found that when I follow celebrities or strangers, I usually don’t draw inspiration from these accounts – just comparisons. Don’t spend your life watching others live theirs.
- Go Golden – A Glass of Golden Milk, or turmeric milk, can be both a great way to unwind at night and help your body get back to its pre-holiday norm. Add turmeric, milk, honey, cracked pepper, cinnamon, ginger, and coconut oil to a pot and warm up. Then drink it down! Turmeric (or more precisely, curcumin) is packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, and is definitely something that I eat every day. Give this a try. Oh, and while in Australia this past December I found a café that served turmeric lattes and it was amazing.
- Meditation – It is a new year and you are likely trying to reset many aspects of your life (get that diet back on track, earn that promotion, or learn a new skill). Meditation is a great way to add some intentionality into your life. I personally love Headspace and have been using it for months now every morning.
And don’t stop here. For some similar inspo, check out 5 Ways to Declutter Your Online Life.
What are your tips for trimming the mental, physical, and emotional holiday fat? Let us know below.