My favorites from my favorite month of the year!
- Wedge Heels. I am not a heel person, but when it is time to strap some on, I love to opt for a wedge. I feel much more stable in them and my feet feel so much better the next day compared to stilettos. My personal favorite brand of wedges are Aerosoles. They are seriously the most comfortable shoes and will have you feeling as good as you look.
- Grace and Frankie. Netflix originals are some of my favorites and this one does not disappoint. I have been indulging in season two recently and loving every minute of it. Between the quick wit and quirky themes, this show is a great escape from reality. And the 30-minute episodes make it a perfect post-work decompression treat! Also, the Jane Fonda/Lily Tomlin mash up reminds me of one of my favorite movies, 9 to 5. Definitely give it a watch if you haven’t already.
- Ruched Back Bikini Bottoms. I love Destiny Child’s song Bootylicious, but I have to admit, I don’t relate. “Juicy” has never been a term used to describe my rear, so bathing suit bottoms have never been very flattering. With my trip to Mexico approaching, I took to Target to find some new bottoms. I have to say, finding pairs with a ruched back really made a difference. My bottoms better stayed in place in the ocean and were much more figure flattering. If you are similarly lacking junk in the trunk, check out this style bathing suit bottom.
- Sky diving. This was a rush like nothing I have ever experienced. Between free-falling 5,000ft and then soaring over the California coast for another 5,000, I have never felt so alive, small, calm, and singular. It was such a mixed bag of emotions, but I cannot wait to do it again. Read more herehere.
- Family. Because it is both my birthday month and my mom’s, we took time to do extra special family things (some of which you can read about here). But this July was extra special for two reasons. First, my brother Nick flew to LA from North Dakota to be in town for 10 days to celebrate. I think the last time I saw Nick or my parents for a birthday was when I turned 19. Honestly, no one knows how to make a birthday special the way parents do. When the clock struck midnight, my mom ran into my room, jumped on my bed, and wished me a happy birthday. Which she promptly recalled, stating that I was not technically born until 3:43AM. She then shared lots of stories about how I was a pain to breastfeed, didn’t sleep for the first year of my life (and therefore neither did my parents), and that my dad stopped by the public library on the way to the hospital while my mom was in labor to return a movie. Second, July is the last full month that I will be living at home. I am excited to see what this next chapter of my life brings, but deeply saddened to again say goodbye to my loved ones in LA.
What were some of your favorite things from July? Let us know below.