Follow me to Australia!
Similar to my post on Auckland, NZ, I lost the entire text for this post. Not sure how, but it happened. So instead of rewriting everything, I am going to use my pictures from the trip to tell a visual story.
What to do in Sydney:
- Visit the Sydney Tower Eye
- Visit the Sydney Opera House – This is some truly beautiful Danish design.
- Visit the Queen Victoria Building – A chance to do some shopping in the most stunning mall I’ve ever seen.
- Visit the Royal Botanic Gardens – A pretty walk on a cooler day. There is also a train that you can ride for 30-minutes around the length of the garden. Also, be sure to grab a flat white at the Garden Cafe.
- Dig into some great food. Sydney does breakfast especially right.
- Visit Saint Mary’s Cathedral
- Check out Bondi Beach
- Visit the Museum of Contemporary Art
- Take the ferry to Manly Beach
- Visit Forgotten Song – This art installation comprises of empty birdcages strung within an alley.
- Check out Sydney harbour and the Harbour Bridge
I loved Sydney. It is one of my all time favorite cities, and I could definitely see myself taking advantage of that one-year visa they offer. Sydney is a highly fashionable city (people are still dressed to the nines even while at the beach) and is a highly fit city (everyone was out running with me!). But I was surprised by both the high amount of smokers I saw, and the low amount of homeless. Overall, the city has great energy and I would start saving your pennies to make it down under ASAP.
What are your thoughts on Sydney? Let us know below.